Tuesday 14 April 2015

My Bread Machine Obsession!




I confess I am totally obsessed with my bread machine. 
I love that I can put ingredients in turn it on and leave it.
I love the smell in my house.
I love the taste...........it nearly always comes out yum.
I love that it is cost effective for a family of five.
I love that it is something everyone in my family eats.
And I must admit I do like the ideal of providing fresh food for my family.

Over the last year I have started to cook more than just a loaf of bread in my bread machine and it has just indulged and feed my obsession.  One of our favourites are these Italian Bread Rolls

Italian Bread Rolls

  1. 1 cup of warm water
  2. 2 1/4 tsp yeast
  3. 2 tbsp sugar (I often use honey)
  4. 3 tbsp melted butter
  5. 1 tsp minced garlic (I use the stuff from the jar)
  6. Fresh herbs finally chopped (whatever is in my herb garden)
  7. 3 cups of bakers flour
  8. 1 1/2 tsp of salt

  • Combine water, yeast and sugar in the bread machine and leave for ten minuted to activate the yeast.  
  • When it is fluffy on top add the butter, garlic and herbs.
  • Lastly add the flour and salt.  
  • If I think the rolls are going to last more than a day I add 2 tsp of bread improver now.
  • Put your machine on dough cycle and let it work its magic.
  • When the cycle is completed pull the dough out give it a quick knead, shape portions into rolls or sticks, pop them on a greased tray and cover them with a tea towel to have a second rise.
  • Sprinkle on some Parmesan and pop them in the oven for approximately 20 minutes. 

And yum fresh baked rolls for everyone to eat!

A great roll making tip that I once read you know rolls are ready when you tap the bottom and they sound hollow.  I am not sure where I read that one but it always seems to work.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a sip of ice tea with us and leave a message!